Friday, November 21, 2008
Just a Blonde's Take
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Well, currently I must admit I'm just a little bummed. My brother was here on leave for a few weeks and just left again this Sunday. This time saying good bye wasn't nearly as hard knowing he'll be home for the upcoming holidays. His visits are always too short and I feel like I never get enough time with him. But I cherish the moments we do get together and anticipate our next meeting. And let me just brag about him for a moment...instead of my Marine bro spending all of his money on getting wasted and taking out hot chicks he took his two sisters out (I was a little mad, I wanted to pay...what can you do though? I'm not taking on a weapon of the government...as he calls himself) And Sunday when my parents came by the house to help me with my new garden (I'll elaborate) they presented me with a gift little bro bought for me. It was the ENTIRE Sex and the City TV series collection in the Hot pink fuzzy box and all! I think I may have mentioned a story about how I wanted it and would probably buy if for myself at Christmas. And apparently he got lil sis an Ipod! What? I couldn't and still can't understand what made him do that, (and not that I even care about getting gifts) but the thought was so nice and I love him for being so generous and sweet. Anyway moving on...
So like I mentioned I now have a garden in my back yard (thanks to the wonderful help of my parental units) My dad cut limbs, tilled the earth, and repaired a fence and gate...my step mom helped me dig up roots, measure, design, pick plants and oversee dad. She's a wonderful project manager! It's not quite done, I need to add a few more plants and some rocks and mulch, but overall I think it's a success! Tonight dad and I will be putting in some sod for the part of the yard that got torn up in the construction of my new porch...ahhh, yet something else for me to share! Now the hard part will be keeping everything alive! I've taken some before and after pics so those I'll share with you all soon!
So my new porch!! For those who hadn't experienced the worst back porch ever let me just tell you. Before the porch was made up of giant square cement pavers that had warped and sunken over the years which created a giant mud pit. When it rained water and mud would collect and my "back porch" suddenly became a giant bowl of mud and water. Not too much fun when you have two dogs you have to let in and out all day. So I contacted a friend that I know that does concrete and had him come out and pour me a new porch. (Again, before and after pics on their way). I must say I'm pretty happy with the end result. We had our first patio party a few weekends ago and it was just lovely! We finally got to season our Chiminea and bust out the pottery barn patio lights. Hopefully with the new garden many more patio parties will take place.
Moving right along, I must tell you all I'm super excited to share that me and the drummer will be embarking on our first trip together soon! We will be heading to the Big Apple, The city that never sleeps, the melting pot of America...yep We're going to NYC! We fly into Newark Airport in NJ and will be traveling back and forth from the shores of Jersey to the busy streets of Manhattan. The whole reason for the trip is so we can see one of our favorite singers, songwriter, producer, most hottest man ever play at Maxwell's in Hoboken NJ! Yes, you are correct I speak of the genius that is Butch Walker!!!! For those who haven't had him shoved down your throat by the drummer he is musical loveliness! Check him out...you will not be disappointed. There aren't many musicians that I believe that put much emotion much less every ounce of their souls into their craft anymore. I was (force fed) introduced to Butch Walker when me and the drummer started dating. He always had him playing in the car or on the computer. So I thought his stuff was pretty good...I fell in love when we went to his show last year. The drummer to this day jokes that he could have asked me to marry him and I wouldn't have known because I was fixed on Mr. Walker. Hearing Butch Walker's music live is unlike anything I've ever experienced. I've always liked music but I've never been one to obsess or ooze about it. I don't consider myself a "music person". But all I know is something happened in that venue and some way somehow I fell in love with Mr. Walker on a level that I've yet to understand. It's not a romantic love or even a love for a friend...it's something so different. "Snap" Whoa what just happened? How did my post end up here?? OK, so now you see why we are flying half way across the country to see a concert. Nuf said. I'm excited to see all that the city has to offer and to be able to share it all with the drummer. Anyone have any good ideas on what to see or do? I've got a list going including but not limited to...The Bronx zoo, Coney Island, Ground Zero, The statue of liberty, Times Square, Wall street, Central Park, shopping (of course) and any local pub or cafe that looks too good to pass up!
And my last bit of info that's kept me away for so long, is my new position!! Yep, this blondie got herself promoted! It's quite different from what I was doing before so I've had to endure lots of training. I'm way pumped though and it's a nice change. I'm actually the boss instead of being bossed. I think that's what's been the hardest thing to overcome. Getting used to telling others what to do instead of taking orders and doing it all myself. Oh, just another step into becoming an adult. (when do we ever actually become one?)
Well, my lovelies I hope this starts to make up for my absence. I promise to try and not leave for so long again. See you all again if not before my trip, but after!
Just a Blonde's Take
Monday, July 21, 2008
Just a Blonde's Take
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
The Family at my bro's graduation in San Diego
Sister, Me, Brother, Dad, and Step Mom
At the Ocean
Happy 4th Everyone!
Just a Blonde's Take
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Just a Blonde's Take
Thursday, June 5, 2008
You scored 50% Carrie Your answers peg you as a Carrie-type, much influenced by the Air Sign qualities associated with Gemini, Libra and Aquarius. Like confident Carrie, a sex columnist, you're curious and perceptive, always seeking answers and never satisfied with the superficial. An Air Sign influence can lead to indecision and an avoidance of tough issues, like with Carrie and her on-again, off-again attachment to Mr. Big. Forward-thinking, incredibly intelligent and witty, you just exude quirky charm. You'd be utterly bored by someone who's just a pretty face or hot body -- though you don't mind looking and flirting! You're more turned on by an equally smart and funny mate, someone who challenges your mind and makes you laugh. You love to talk, so you need a good listener who's open to playful and eccentric ideas about love and lovemaking.
You scored 20% Samantha You identify with Samantha's bold and liberated Fire Sign qualities, characteristics associated with the Signs of Aries, Leo and Sagittarius. You're strong, audacious and larger than life -- and you take what you want! Sometimes you can even be thoughtless and selfish, as you get so caught up in craving immediate gratification and excitement that you overlook someone's feelings. Your personal style likely reflects your desires: sleek, low-cut, revealing just a bit more than might be considered acceptable. Watch that you're not coming on too strong, though. You could scare potential suitors off with all your drama. If you seek so much attention, the more basic qualities of the Fire Signs could be burned right out of the picture. Show less skin or cleavage and more of your creativity, your vibrant leadership skills and courageous generosity!
You scored 20% Charlotte A romantic at heart, you chose the answers that demure Charlotte may have chosen. Strongly influenced by the intuitive, profound and sometimes naïve Water Signs -- Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces -- you're like a mother, a mystery and a poet all in one. Though on the surface you may seem innocent and all about seeking the good in people, beneath the surface, you hide secret yearnings for intimacy, for attachment and ideal love. You're seeking a knight in shining armor, a soul mate, someone who will complete you and tether you to the earth when you get carried away with your fantasies. You're super-sensitive, soaking up the moods of others; you emote freely, crying at commercials and sappy movies. You also provide a shoulder to cry on and open arms for hugs. Be careful that you're not so wide-eyed and trusting that you get taken in by some cunning wolf in sheep's clothing.
You scored 10% Miranda You chose many of the same answers that Earth Sign-like Miranda, the cynical but pragmatic lawyer, might have chosen. Just like Miranda's had a tough time deciding whether to give in to the affections of Steve the Bartender, you don't give your heart up to just anyone. Miranda shies away from a relationship with Steve because he's 'just' a bartender, not something more conventionally ambitious or stable. Those with powerful Earth Sign qualities -- characteristics associated with Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn -- are cautious in love and seek stability and status over nearly anything else. Earth Signs provide a steady, realistic attitude and they can bring order out of chaos. A little-known Earth Sign fact: Incredibly sensual, you seethe beneath that smart, expensive business suit of yours, yearning for intimacy but hesitant to give up your material needs, your career ambitions or your responsibilities for a passionate moment that might not turn out the way you'd hope.
Hopefully I will be able to check out the lovely Warren Theatre this weekend and watch this much awaited flick! Can't wait for the pink Cosmo!
Just a Blonde's Take
Friday, May 23, 2008
So going into the furniture store yesterday after work and buying a couch was a pretty huge deal...more than I realized at the time. I had to call and confirm my choice with the drummer. I remember at one point saying, "remember it's the one with the tufted back" to which I quickly came back with "I mean, with the buttons?". Like the drummer knows what the hell tufted means (forgot who I was talking to for a minute)!! So the ever so eager and surprisingly helpful sales lady asks, "have you made your choice? You going with the Berkley? WHAAAAAAAAAA, WHAAAAAAA, WHAAAAAAA, (alarms sounding in my head) Mini panic! Do I? or Don't I? AHHHHHH!!!!! (Ever so confidently, like the good pageant trained girl that I am) Yes! I made my fabric and wood color choices and before I knew it woman salesperson had my ticket drawn up and my plush total ready! Now don't get me wrong, I didn't spend a fortune. I was reasonable. But having gone from ultra Save mode to spending mode has been a little more difficult than expected. I mean, I swear I felt my throat closing up last night. Who makes themselves physically ill by spending money?? Jeeze! Next on the agenda...Refrigerator! Doom Doom Doomm!
Here is what all the stress was about...only difference is mine is a little lighter in color!
*And I scored a super sweet deal on a treadmill!! I'm on a role!
Monday, May 12, 2008
With all this excitement about getting my life back to normal, I can't help but anticipate EVEN MORE, starting a new life (ummm...slightly tweaked life) with the drummer! He's embarking on this journey of moving into a new house with me and I can't wait to live with him and ALL his stuff! Ummm yeah, I'm pretty sure he has more clothes and more stuff than I do! I can't wait for him to finally put to use the budget I've made for him (at his request, no I'm not a psycho controlling girlfriend type that makes budgets for her boyfriend without his knowledge or asking). He's even said that when we live together he has no excuse to not follow his budget. (Damn right he don't! This girl is all about accountability) Ok, so I expect people to follow through on what they say, I am a woman after all. It would be unnatural if I wasn't at least a little naggy.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
1. The Hippie thinks paying a bill "on time" is waiting until they send you a cut off notice and paying it on the day that the utility company says they are cutting you off!
2. The Hippie thinks the check I write her every month for rent and bills is beer money and not for rent and bills (thus all the cut off notices).
3. The Hippie thinks cleaning her 4 cats litter box once every quarter is plenty and maybe she should cut back on cleaning it so much! (REALLY?)
4. The Redneck and Hippie think the floor and any other surface are great places for beer bottles, caps, cans, and used dip!
5. The Redneck and Hippie think having 20 people over during the work week til all hours of the night/morning drinking and carrying on outside while driving their vehicles really fast down the street making tons of noise is a normal activity that most people partake in.
6. The Redneck and his white trash friends think that threatening to take my dog and put a pillow case over her head while holding a big gun and taking a picture of it like terrorists and then sending it to me is really funny and a good idea!
7. The Redneck, Hippie and their friends think closing doors, much less locking them is just an option...especially when leaving the house.
8. The Hippie thinks it's ok to drive your car through your garage.
9. The Hippie and Redneck think cleaning is....actually I don't think they even know what cleaning is.
10. The Hippie thinks it's a great idea to buy a brand new puppy...especially when she has just gotten fired from her job and doesn't take care of the animals she already has. And of course needs a brand new digital camera to document the young pup! (while she doesn't look for a job)
11. The Hippie and Redneck think it's perfectly fine to have their animals SHIT in MY shower and then leave it...let's not forget to close the door back! (the only time that ever happens!)
12. The Hippie and Redneck think the garage is the perfect spot for garbage when the trash bill hasn't been paid. (For 3 months)
13. The Hippie thinks that cat vomit only adds to the decor.
14. The Hippie and Redneck think Tostino's Pizza is gourmet.
15. The Hippie and Redneck think it's ok to drink all my organic milk and eat all of my food and then drink and eat the replacements they bought before I do.
I could really go on and on, but instead of dwelling anymore on how terrible they are, I'm now redirecting my focus on being happy that I'm moving out and far away from them into my new house I bought! Even though it does kinda stink that I'm having to shack up with the parental units until my house is ready. At least I won't have to wallow in the nastiness of my roomates filth anymore!
Friday, March 21, 2008
1. Da Bread! If your ass loves carbs as much as mine does then there is no further explanation needed. It was great and I miss it already.
2. The Metro. We have nothing like it here at home and I loved how I didn't' have to drive anywhere and worry about having gas in the tank. It was great. They take you everywhere and it's so cheap!
3. How everyone (including non homosexual males) wear scarves. Everyone does! I have never seen more scarves in my entire life and I loved looking at everyones. I never realized how many different kinds there were and how you can almost tell how a person is by their scarf.
4. Love/Hated the Euro. The dollar sucks my right funky lookin pinkie toe. Exchanging money was no fun, but the actual money looked really cool. And I thought it was funny how they used commas instead of decimal points.
5. Walking. I actually really liked it (yes it made me tired and my ankles are still pissed at me) but I really enjoyed strolling around and being able to walk to places instead of drive. Americans need to walk more...maybe if we did we all wouldn't be a bunch of big fatty boom ba latties!
6. Marlene's shower. (hated it) Sorry girl, but 2 minutes of hot water for the whole day and no holder to put the shower head on really sucked. However it all makes for great stories and I wouldn't have traded it even for a room at the Ritz!
7. The French's version of a Latino Bar. (LoVeD iT!) We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into, but let's just put it like this...All male waiters, spanky shorts (more like underwear) and nothing else, sleazy cocktail menu, item on menu roughly translated as the Server's Sperm, bras hanging from ceiling, crazy lights, and one horny DJ. Need I say more?
8. Marlene's blatant use of the word fuck (and varying forms of) in public and around her grandparents! Direct quote..."you can say fuck, mother fuckers whatever, they don't know what you're saying!"
9. The french Party! (loved it) It was so much fun beating all the french kids at their own drinking game. We got to make rules and I got the first one which happened to be that no one could speak French without taking a drink! Cha ching! Now we could understand what everyone was saying and even if we couldn't a beer lashing was in store.
10. The Eiffel Tower. I got to see it during the day and at night...it was awesome! However, climbing up 400 stairs just to get to the first floor was a little too close to a buns of steal workout. Wish we would have gone all the way up!
11. Stupid pink Paris umbrella. No Rhianna you can't stand under my umbrella ella ella eey, because it's turned inside out and in the trash can of the Metro. Stupid made in China crappy umbrella + rain and wind= wet and unhappy Bridget.
12. Notre Dame. Way cool. I swear I could see 'ol Quazi Moto swinging from the bells as they chimed. I'm Catholic so it was like given an ADHD kid free roam of a candy store.
13. Euro Disney. Wish we would have gone. Marlene's friend was kind enough to score us some sweet Vip tickets and we didn't go. Boo! Only regret of the trip.
Overall the trip was great and I can't wait to go back. Hopefully next time the drummer will come along and we'll be able to go to Marlene's home in South of France when it's warm! Until then I'm just about out of vacation days so my pictures and memories of Paris will have to last me until next January!
Just a Blondes Take
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Just a Blondes Take
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
I really don't know how I found a picture of the exact man I described...I swear I didn't find the picture first!! Anyway, I am way pumped and I can't wait to share all my stories with you when I get back...now for those of you wondering what I was talking about when I mentioned leaving all my travel vitals at work here you go:
So me and Deb went on a cruise about a year ago for our friends wedding. I have my ticket book, passport everything I need in a nice neatly labeled (Deb!) folder in my desk at work. We were leaving on a Sunday. Saturday I get up and me and Deb are talking and packing when I realize I have left everything I need for the trip in my stupid neatly labeled folder AT WORK!! Well, I work at a bank and we aren't open past noon on Saturday and of course it was after noon! I rush up to work to find everyone gone! So I call my boss (no answer, go figure he has a life on the weekend) I call another co-worker/friend and get her password and code to get in and shut off the alarm (of course I can't remember my own) So I rush up to work and never having had to turn the alarm off and on I set the alarm OFF! Oh yeah, I did...I'm trying to retype my friends password over and over hoping it will work...No it doesn't so now the key pad is flashing red and more alarms are being set off by me running around like a chicken with it's head cut off freaking out and not knowing what to do (I did contemplate sitting on the back steps to wait for the police so they wouldn't storm in with guns blazing). But then I heard a phone ringing and being the ever clever girl that I am I remember that the security company tries to call in case it's a false alarm. So I dash across the bank picking up every phone I can (of course it's the last phone on the teller line and I had to slide across the sit down area to get to it). I answer out of breath and the man on the other end asks me if everything is ok? I go into my story about leaving everything for my trip at work and my code didn't work, gave him the id number my friend gave me (Thank God that was right!) And he gave me enough time to get my stuff and head out! I'm sure the security tapes are pretty funny to watch (of which I'm still trying to get and destroy, don't need that being shown at the Christmas party). I immediately call my friend to inform her that her code sucks and doesn't work in case she ever needs to go to work after hours (wouldn't want her to experience the same mental breakdown I did). So you can bet that this time I'm bringing my neatly labeled Paris Trip folder with me...BEFORE I leave for the weekend (b/c we are again leaving on a Sunday)! I really don't think I could forget again, I mean after all the torture I experienced the first time (ummm...Debbie please remind me to get my folder of stuff on Friday before we leave).
Just a blonde's take
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Just a blonde's take